Private One on One Belly Dance Lessons and Coaching
Private & Group Belly Dance Classes for Beginning, Intermediate & Advanced Belly Dancers in the Albuquerque New Mexico Area.
I’ve been Belly Dancing for 27 years and teaching for the last 15 years. I have taught and coached dancers of all skills in both a group and one on one setting. I provide a private and comfortable surrounding in my home, or I can come to yours. My style is to help dancers master the fundamentals and to help them find the spirit of the dance within themselves. I like to call it “Dance From Within and Create a Style of Your Own”.
About Private Belly Dance Classes
Private Belly Dance class is the best way for students to retain the movements, history and philosophy I teach. As a belly dancer you have a story to tell with your body. Private instruction provides a safe environment that will provide you a sanctuary that will help you discover your own philosophy and style. I have seen dancers struggle articulating movement with how they feel.
Private classes offer a sanctuary for you where you can learn to trust yourself. Movement of the body is how we tell our story to the audience. Using your body as an instrument means you express emotion in every part of the body. One movement can tell the audience you are sad, happy, angry or overcome with passion. The best and most dynamic prop you will ever have is your body.
Master your body and you will not only become an amazing dancer but you will become a master storyteller.
To inquire about a private class use the contact form below.
- Learning how to center yourself within your body image.
- Finding your starting position.
- Learning to be aware of your feet in regard to your transition steps.
- How to work your arms into your dance so that they feel comfortable and relaxed.
- Remember to separate mind from body
- Learning how to let go and dance in the moment
- Learning how to dissect yourself from upper to lower body
- Understanding what muscle areas control which movement.
- Learning how to work your sharp and soft movements into your upper or lower body.
- Learning how to move with precise accents or pauses or slow, controlled movements.
Combination Right to Left Sides
- You learn combinations to help balance out right to left hip.
- Each student will learn the importance of speed based on precise articulation from right to left hip.
- As speed develops from right to left hip students understand why transition steps make the move complete.
- All combinations teach a better understanding of how important mastering is to hip direction and muscle control.
Accents, Pauses and Off Counting
- Learning how to pause and create drama through non-movement.
- Accenting with different parts of your body and understanding why an accent can say so much more than a full combination.
- Off counting is listening to the instrument and moving within it’s rhythm.
Theatrics and Belly Dance Dramatics
- Understanding space as part of your choreography.
- Understanding how emotion can help create a great story with combinations that combine the two.
- Confidence is key to choreography so you must your insecurities. Understanding movement and drama is essential for you to bring out our best.
Get in Touch About Private Belly Dance Lessons
If you’re interested in private Belly Dance lessons fill out the form below and provide some detail about your level of experience and commitment. I take on a very limited number of students so you get the best of my time and only work with students with a level of commitment that goes beyond just being curious. If you’re a beginner and you’re more curious then commented then I would suggest that you sign up for the free beginning belly dance videos. If you find that you want to move on then return here and get in touch.